Saturday 11 July 2015

52 Weeks of Cookies - Week 2

Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Cookies

This isn't my first time making these delectable cookies so I knew before making them that they would be good.
I didn't have a reason for making these ones this week.  I just knew they would be good.

I followed the recipe exactly (ok, I may have tossed in more than a cup of the Oreo's and I left the dough in the fridge overnight).  I think in the past I had made my own cake mix from scratch (maybe, I can't remember) but this time while grocery shopping the cake mix was a good price (obviously it was the grocery store brand and not any fancy name brand cake mix... remember, I am still Mennonite).




a piece of advice:

The recipe warns you not to over bake them BUT I often find that one of my cookie sheets bakes cookies a little slower than the other (it's the kind that is flat without any edges on the sides).  I knew that they would likely need extra time but the extra time I gave them still was not enough.  
Make sure you check the bottoms.


My rating?
9/10
This time it was VERY close to being 100% but I just couldn't bring myself to do it 
(and I'm not messing around with any .5's here)
My reasoning? 
I had to buy cookies to make cookies
Seems just a little bit silly doesn't it?

No comments: