Saturday 4 July 2015

52 Weeks of Cookies - Week 1

Week 1


There was lots to celebrate this week

July 1st - Canada Day
July 2nd - John and I have officially been dating for 6 months
 (but can we all just agree that it feels more like a year?)
July 3rd - My 30th birthday!
July 4th - Independence Day 
(I may not be American but I've often partaken in Independence Day festivities)

So, in honour of all these special occasions my first cookie for the blog was a given


I pretty much followed the instructions (using semi sweet chocolate chips only and some Rainbow Bit cake mix because it was the only one I had in my cupboard).

The results were delightful






I'm feeling obligated to come up with some kind of rating for each cookie recipe I make so for these ones I'm going with 8/10

Why?
I'm not a huge fan of sprinkles.  They are tiny and crunchy.  I think it's the same reason I don't like raspberries... their seeds are tiny and crunchy.  But other than those sprinkles they look festive and taste good.  So I'm still giving them a solid 8.  

No one has ever complained about 80%
(except for that super nerdy kid that anything under 99.9% was unacceptable)

No comments: