Saturday 19 December 2015

Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies



Day 19
Mint Cookies!

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 25


I'm almost halfway done with my one cookie/week posts!  If I'm being completely honest with you all (and I would like to think I always am)... it has been a bit of a challenge.  But I WILL finish what I've started... and I WILL still fit into all my current pants at the end of it.


Now that that's out of the way.... this week I made some Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies that I found on Taste of Home.


You may remember my last attempt at Thin Mint Cookies and how I didn't enjoy them too much (I mean... the taste wasn't bad but the cookie part... that was just so hard!).  Anyways, these ones are a little better (although,I still think there is room for improvement).

I didn't do anything differently from what the recipe said to do (as far as I'm aware at least).  I left the cookie dough in the fridge for probably close to 24 hours before cutting the dough and baking it.  As per usual I halved the recipe.... and then decided there wasn't enough icing so I left the icing recipe as the usual amount for a full recipe.

I found the recipe to not "fluff up" as much as I was hoping for.  Going off the picture on Taste of Home.... it does seem like they either tripled the icing recipe or used a different recipe altogether... oh Taste of Home... you failed me on the icing!  So, I was finding the recipe to be a little too runny... especially when you put the other cookie on top.  To solve this I just stuck them all in the freezer for a little bit and then stuck them together... then I stuck them back in the freezer because that is where I store my cookies!

My other qualm with these cookies is that the cookie part is a little dry... I wish it were most moist.  I think I could improve on these quite a bit for next time... I'm thinking one of those homemade Oreo recipes and just add some mint and green food colouring the icing (and not adding in vanilla to the icing).



My rating for these cookies?  7/10... what can I say... there is room for improvement!

Last week I made some Sugar Cookies that are always delicious!


No comments: