Tuesday 15 December 2015

Christmas Breakfast



Day 15
Christmas Breakfast Options


Welcome to Blogmas Day 15 (only 10 more days until Christmas!!)

Picture this
It is Christmas morning and you have a fancy Christmas beverage in your hand (that you are you going to learn all about on Day 24).  The tree is decorated and loaded with presents under it and the stockings by the chimney are ready to be ripped into (just don't rip the stocking!).  And what's that you smell?  Why it's Christmas breakfast warming in the oven!

Here are some options to make for Christmas breakfast (or, if you are like me you and your boyfriend ate them for dinner every Sunday in November so that you would have the pictures for this blog)... did we also enjoy these dinners with our special Christmas beverages?  Well... one day that worked out.
French Toast Casserole

French Toast Casserole
I've made this a ton and it is delicious!  Trust me... you won't be disappointed!

Cinnamon Bun Pancakes
I don't know how many times I've just wanted to eat a cinnamon bun for dinner (because breakfast for dinner is alive and well at my place) but alas, I've never had the proper ingredients.  Well, not anymore with a cinnamon bun pancake! I didn't get a picture of these but know this... they are delicious!  I think the recipe is perfect for 2 people (only I would half the icing recipe).
Pumpkin Pancakes

For another version of pancakes...
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Pancakes are super easy and don't require you to do much prepping (or even thinking) ahead of time.  Just make sure you go out and buy some pumpkin!

These ones don't have chocolate chips in them... I made the last 2 pancakes with chocolate chips though and we made them into dessert pancakes.  But since it's Christmas and we are already eating unhealthy... may as well just toss the chocolate chips in with the whole batch!

pumpkin waffles
Pumpkin Waffles
maybe you can go all out and eat these with a Pumpkin Spice Latte (coming soon)?

Where's the meat?
John and I cooked up some sausage or bacon to add to these (along with some fruit salad) but in this humble bloggers opinion we eat so much at Christmas and so it is okay to not have meat at one of the meals for the day.

I asked John which of these breakfasts (for dinner) he liked best and he said the French Toast Casserole.  I was stuck between the casserole and the cinnamon bun pancakes but in the end I chose the pancakes... they were really, really good!... so good that I think I'm going to make them again today!



Now it's your turn...
Which of these are you going to make sure you have ingredients for this Christmas?
Do you have a different tradition that you follow for a Christmas morning breakfast? 
 Fill this girl in using the comment section below!

No comments: