Sunday 17 January 2016

Carrot Cheesecake Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 29


I found this recipe on Show Me The Yummy

The only thing I changed in this recipe was that I didn't use a Duncan Hines cake mix... instead I used a generic store brand because it was cheaper... and also I didn't think the kind would matter.  BUT, maybe it kind of does because I didn't have a separate package of carrots and raisins... my carrot bits were already mixed into the cake mix.

My opinion?  WAY TOO MUCH ICING!  I just really don't know what people are thinking when they put more icing than cookie on these things.  It could also be a problem that the icing is cream cheese which isn't exactly my favourite.  I also find there to be way too many flavours going on in my mouth when I eat these.  There is coconut, cream cheese, white chocolate chips, and everything that goes along with that carrot cake mix.  It's just a lot to take in.

So, I'm going to give these a 5/10.  They aren't terrible... and at least they don't taste like medicine BUT... I don't think I'll choose to make these again.

carrot cheesecake cookies

Sidenote:  Since I'm only doing half recipes I used the rest of the cake mix to make carrot muffins.  I decided to use coconut oil instead of regular cooking oil to make them and they taste great!  So, I think carrot and coconut does go well together... it's probably the cream cheese's fault!

Last week I made some Snickerdoodles for the first time ever.  If you have a hankering for some mini doughnuts these are a great idea!


No comments: