Saturday 20 February 2016

Peanut Butter Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 34


I feel like I'm starting to hit a good stride with all this cookie baking... I'm finding too many recipes now that will go far beyond my 52 weeks.

Anyways, yesterday I only worked a half day (the afternoon half) so I made the dough for my peanut butter cookies in the morning and baked them after work.  I stopped on my way home to pick up a present and some cards for John's sister because she is getting married next week and while at the mall I also picked up some Time Hortens for myself (if only my oven would have preheated a little faster I may have been able to enjoy my coffee with my cookies).

Anyways, the recipe is super simple because it only requires 3 ingredients (I was humming and hawing over which one to make but then I thought "well... they say the fewer ingredients the better something is for you"... I'm not sure if that's the case here (it probably isn't) but I stuck with this one.  If you have peanut butter, sugar, and an egg around you can make this recipe (which I found on the back of my peanut butter jar - by Kraft

The only thing I changed about these cookies was that I didn't actually use Kraft peanut butter... well I did... but the amount probably equaled a couple of tablespoons which wasn't nearly enough.  I'm assuming using a different brand of smooth peanut butter did not affect the taste all that much though.

The verdict?  Dare I say that they were a little too peanut buttery?  The other recipe I was contemplating using included flour in the recipe.... I think it would have been better... maybe I'll still make those ones another time.  These ones I'm giving a 7/10... there's something better out there!


You know what might have made these better?  If I would have actually won something on my Tim's cup.... I'm officially 0 for 2 now (which isn't bad at all).  I'm fresh out of gift cards for the place though... so this may the end of my non winning streak.

Last week I made some Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies that were pretty delicious

No comments: