Saturday 27 February 2016

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 35

This weeks cookies are brought to you compliments of John's mom (not because she made them but because she supplied the zucchini for them).  They are also brought to you by Kitchen Treaty because it was the first site that popped up when I put "zucchini cookies" into a Google search.

The recipe called for half white flour and half whole wheat... she mentioned that you could really use any flour though and although I was skeptical how great my multigrain flour would be in cookies I went with it anyways (you can occassionally feel the bites of grain when eating them but it's not so bad).  John's mom gave me yellow zucchini... I'm not sure if there is much of a difference (you can clearly see that the original recipe used green zucchini though because you can see green in the cookies - perhaps the yellow zucchini makes these appear to be more appetizing?)  Other than that I don't think I changed anything about this recipe.

While mixing the dough for it I found it really dry and so I quickly added a little extra zucchini to it to moisten it up... I'm guessing I probably just hadn't mixed it enough yet to realize that it wasn't going to be that dry though... because once I added the extra zucchini I found it to be a little too moist.

Anyways, the cookies turned out so whether it really was too dry before I added the extra zucchini we'll never know.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies

The verdict is... THEY'RE GREAT!  They are nice and light like some kind of delicious cake.  I would definitely make them again... 10/10!

Last week I made some fairly simple Peanut Butter Cookies (and you probably already have all 3 ingredients in your house to make them!)

No comments: