Thursday 31 March 2016

Oatmeal Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 39


I know, I know... I'm pretty behind on this one.  I would use the excuse that it's Spring Break BUT... I Haven't really had many plans for this week.

A few weeks ago I posted about making Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies.  These ones are similar... but if you aren't a huge fan of the orange or the pecan you might prefer the ones from this week.

Anyways, I found this recipe on the back of my bag of Craisin's but if you don't currently have a bag and want to know the recipe you can follow this link.

I changed 2 things with the recipe.

The first being that on the bag it says I could use white chocolate chips OR semi sweet... I went with the semi sweet ones just because I'm not a huge fan of white chocolate.

Oatmeal Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
The second was that I thought the mixture looked too goopy to shape into balls for the cookies (and I've had this issue multiple times already with other recipes so I wasn't about to have it again)... my solution was to add extra flour.  I'm not sure how much more I added but it wasn't a whole lot.


I'm giving these ones an 8/10,  In the future I think what I might do is use the dough recipe from the Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies and the cranberry and chocolate ingredients from this one.  Those, I believe would be some pretty scrumptious cookies.

Last week I made some Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies that were also pretty scrumptious.

Stay tuned because of the delayed posting of today's cookie recipe I have another one coming in just a couple of days!

No comments: