Saturday 28 May 2016

Cinnamon Bun Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 48


Most (if not all) of us probably enjoy a good cinnamon bun every so often... so why aren't we all turning them into cookie form?  I'm not sure but that's what I did this week with the help of Picky Palate.

I didn't change much about this recipe other than the fact that I halved it.  If I made it again and didn't wan to commit to a whole recipe I think I would third it.  Yes, thirding this recipe would be easier than halving.  The reason?  When it comes to rolling out the dough stuff just gets complicated with the instructions!  Here's what I decided to do:  Make one giant roll and cut it into pieces from there.  It didn't work out too great... I mean it wasn't a complete fail but it could have been done better.  

My dough was also quite sticky... usually sugar cookie dough is dryer because you are cutting out shapes with cookie cutters... I just can't imagine being able to do that with this sugar cookie recipe.  Maybe I messed up somewhere while halving the recipe though... it could definitely be my fault!  But, because I'm not sure next time I would use my Sugar Cookie recipe (just to be on the safe side).

Cinnamon Bun Cookies
John and I have been enjoying these while we go out in search of the perfect venue.  We should be deciding today what venue is perfect for us... so stay tuned for that!  John thought that they were quite good and I would have to agree.  I give them a 9/10... because there is room for improvement.

Last week I made some Ultimate Oreo Cookies which (in my opinion) hold up to their name.

No comments: