Saturday 7 May 2016

Graham Cracker Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 45

Attention everyone... I'm officially back to being ahead with the cookie recipes!... which is probably why I'm managing to post them on Saturday's.  So by the time this gets posted these cookies will have all been gobbled up.

I've also officially picked the last few cookies for my year of cookies... there may be a couple extras.

If you've been around for a while you may recall that this is not my first attempt at making cookies using graham cracker crumbs... I did it once before when I made some S'more Cookies.  Where I mentioned that they would be great without all the extra s'more like toppings... which is almost what these cookies are.

Anyways, this weeks cookies come from Buns in my Oven and in my opinion are super easy to make.  AND.. if I'm allowed to have a second opinion on these cookies I would say that if you made them with mini chocolate chips they would look just like Chip Ahoy Cookies (only these ones are better).

Graham Cracker Cookies
I followed the directions on these and my only issue with them is that they taste a little too salty in my opinion...  BUT that could be a baker's error... I almost always halve the recipe and there could be a chance that I forgot to halve the amount of salt on these... I mean I don't think I did and for that reason I'll add less next time I make these but I may have.

I left them on the pan to firm up... they were definitely still fairly soft when I took them out of the oven and needed to cool on the pan so that they wouldn't fall apart.



My verdict... 9/10.  They were pretty yummy and I'll be sure to make them again!

Last week I made some Fudge Crinkle Cookies that were also easy to make (and tasty too).

No comments: