Saturday 4 June 2016

Chocolate Snickers Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 49

Alright folks, I lost my edge on being a full week ahead on these posts and quickly threw these cookies together at 10pm last night (I got distracted looking up information on wedding favors, centerpieces, videographers, and photographers... yes I looked into all of that!).  I already knew I was making these ones because I was fresh out of eggs but it turns out I was also practically fresh out of peanut butter.  So... I only did 1/4 of the recipe... which may have led to some errors in ingredient amounts.

Anyways, I found this recipe on Pinch of Yum.

This isn't my first time adding Snickers into a cookie I've done it with my Snickers Cheesecake Cookies (and these ones were pretty good so you might want to check them out)

Other than attempting to quarter the recipe the only other thing I changed was that I didn't have dark chocolate cocoa powder... I didn't even know this was a thing and I just used regular cocoa powder. But since I quartered the recipe that probably means I  pretty well changed everything!

Did they turn out?  They did!  I have yet to properly sample them because of how late I made them (and ok, I had already cut up Snickers for half the recipe and then when I found out I could eat half of what I chopped up I probably nearly ate the full half).  Here are my thoughts without properly tasting them (and I promise I'll taste them in a few hours hopefully and I'll come back and change all of this)... they seem kind of dry.  I was expecting them to be a little more wet.. especially since it said you could add extra oats if need be.  The scent when you add the boiling chocolate sauce to the oats and peanut butter is delightful!  AND these are so simple to make.. seriously they definitely didn't take me more than 10 minutes to put together and I was quartering the recipe folks!



Update:  I had a couple of friends over and these all got gobbled up so I guess they were pretty good (or we were just really hungry!).  I thought they were a little sweet though.. if I made them again I'm not sure I would include the Snickers.  I'll give them an 8/10

Last week I made some Cinnamon Bun Cookies that you might want to try out.

No comments: