Saturday 18 June 2016

Turtle Twix Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 51


This is it folks... just one more week and I have officially made a new cookie every week for an entire year.

I've made Turtle Cookies before and I've made Twix Cookies before but never have I ever combined the 2... until this week that is.

These ones come to you from The Chunky Chef and they won't disappoint!
Turtle Twix Cookies

I didn't change much about these (in fact I even made the full recipe because I was bringing them to a get together).  But what I did change was I didn't add the optional salt to the caramel (ok, this is because I forgot about it) and I also almost forgot to add the pecans which is why my pecans are on top... I wasn't trying to be different or anything.

I was pretty surprised that most of these cookies were still in the container after the get together.. turns out one of the newbies to the group has a severe nut allergy... so I'm going to go ahead and blame it on that and not because these don't taste delicious!
If you also have a friend with a severe nut allergy the recipe does say how to make them just twix cookies and it's pretty easy... you just leave the pecans off of them.

I give these cookies a 10/10... looks like I'm saving all the great ones for the end!

Last week I made some Pecan Pie Cookies that were pretty tasty!

No comments: