Friday 15 September 2017

Home Renovations - 4 days prior to move in

Last Friday I talked about how we had been scrapping the popcorn ceilings and the mess it was leaving... It's not the best picture (apparently I didn't think to turn on any lights for pictures this day) but here is a shot at the "messy room" (we designated one room as the messy room where we put tools, vacuums, curtains... just anything that was going to make a mess so that the others could be cleaned and this one would be the last to be cleaned).  Anyways, all that white stuff along the wall... that's all ceiling.

Our messy room

Last week I also mentioned how we had an arsenal of vacuums at our place... 
4 vacuums should clean up a room don't you think?

A variety of vacuums
It should be noted that the 2 red ones are both partially broken... they are also the two that John and I actually own.  Maybe the next time Dyson is on Sale at the Bay we'll use up all our wedding gift cards on a fancy new vacuum.


Here is our "messy room" all cleaned up 4 days before we officially move in!

Our clean "messy room"
On this day I also wiped down all the walls and above the doors and the door handles and hopefully everywhere that those little bits of ceiling got.  I'm not so naive that I think the ceiling scrapings are all gone... but I think 90% of them might be.  The other 10% we'll be slowing cleaning up over the next few months probably.

We also painted the master bedroom this week!  We went with Benjamin Moore paint because I knew it would be the best out there but instead of using their very top level of paint I took the guy who worked at Benjamin Moore's advise and went with the Regal level (which I think turned out great!).  The gray colour is called Edgecomb Gray and the turquoise colour is San Jose Blue.  We also used their Waterborne Ceiling paint on our ceiling.  Our plan is to eventually paint or replace the wood around the window, the baseboards, and the door (which you obviously can't see in this picture) but we'll wait until our condo sells and we have a bit more money to do those updates.

Master Bedroom

I've been slowly emptying out the condo... everytime I go to the house I take a few boxes of things with me (and I send John to work with one since he passes the house on the way home to the condo).  When I came back to the condo on this day it was already looking so bare... nothing was left on the living room shelves!

Condo living room

We officially moved out of the condo and into the house a week ago... once our condo sells we have big plans for the house (new kitchen, new bathroom(s), the basement)... changes that will likely take a number of years to finish but slowly the house will be transformed into something that is more our style.

No comments: