Friday 1 December 2017

Advent Calendars

How do you even know when Christmas is without an advent calendar to help you count down the days? 

Over the past few years John and I have done a few different versions of these

One year we got the cheap $1 ones (we each needed our own of course so that was actually $2 and the chocolates are hardly worth that price). I also made this advent calendar one year where I counted down to Christmas with reading a bible verse (or 2) every day.

Last year I bought us a Lindt advent calendar right before December so it was discounted... but even then... you're stuck with so many white ones that aren't that good)




This year though I made us this advent calendar


I went to the local Lindt store and got 26 different flavours of their truffles to fill in the slots with (there are 2 in each - one for each of us). I had been collecting toilet paper rolls since the summer (at least!) and I even moved all of those toilet paper rolls from the condo to the new house when we moved. Right before I made this advent calendar I debated on switching it all for something that might look a little more attractive but I don't know... I don't think it looks all that bad. Does it? At the very least we know it will taste delicious! And, there are no plain white truffles inside this advent calendar!


I already have an idea for what I want to do next year... something just has to go on an extreme sale at the end of this Christmas season first so that I can justify purchasing it.

No comments: