Saturday 3 October 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies

 52 Weeks of Cookies: Week 14


No link for where I got the recipe for these guys because it came off the back of the chocolate chip bag
fun fact: there is also a recipe for brownies on there that I've made and taste delicious

Anyways,
I figured it was time to do something basic.
No caramel
No bits of chocolate bars
And no special trips to the grocery store needed to make these cookies.

These used to be a huge hit when my friends and I would get together for games and then I stopped making them because they just weren't turning out the same.  I always blamed the different ovens I was using and well I am happy to report that I have an oven that bakes these cookies to perfection once again!

Here is the recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 regular sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375

Beat softened butter, shortening, brown sugar, and sugar in a bowl.  
Add in eggs and vanilla and continue to beat.
In another bowl stir flour, baking soda, and salt.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir together
Stir in chocolate chips.
Cover and let sit in fridge overnight.
Using a teaspoon scoop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (feel free to make that teaspoon a heaping one).  Roll the dough into balls.
Bake for 10-12 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
Enjoy!

Notes:
The actual recipe calls for 1 cup of butter and no shortening... I could have sworn it used to give shortening as an option and I've always done it half and half... but feel free to use only butter.
The actual recipe does not say to let the dough sit in the fridge overnight but that's what I did.
The actual recipe also recommends using a tablespoon to scoop the dough but I never do... this way I get smaller cookies and can eat at least 2 and only feel the guilt of eating one (except I never feel guilty eating a cookie).





There is really nothing special about these cookies but I've never strayed from this recipe when making chocolate chip cookies (that may have to do with the fact that the recipe is conveniently located on the back of the bag though).
I know I'll be making these again and again so they get 10/10

Last week I didn't have to bake my cookies.  
Click here to check them out!

No comments: