Saturday 25 June 2016

Cookie Dough Oreo Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 52


Well folks, this is it... I've officially made a different type of cookie every week for an entire year.  Not going to lie... sometimes I definitely didn't feel like doing it (and sometimes I made 2 cookies in one week but only posted 1 type per week).  There's also a good chance I've put on some weight from this endevour.  I'm pretty happy that I don't need to be making a new type of cookie every week from here on out and can stick to some that will freeze well for a little while (so that I don't constantly have cookies on the counter or in the freezer.  In the next week or so I'll be compliling my list of cookies that I will make again (I'll try to keep it to 20 cookies or less.. but I can't make any promises because if I remember correctly there was a number of delightful cookies that I ate this year!).

Anyways, this isn't my first time making Oreo cookies... Only a few weeks ago I made some Ultimate Oreo Cookies and I've also made some Carrot Cheesecake Cookies, some Mint Sandwich Cookies and if we are just going to go ahead and count all sandwich like cookies I also made some Jam Jam Cookies.

This weeks cookies come to your from Chef in Training and they will not disappoint.

Cookie Dough Oreo Cookies
I didn't change the recipe on this one.  In fact, I was actually going to make a full recipe (which I haven't done in a while) but then realized I still had a half box of devils food cake in my cupboard from another cookie recipe and so decided to just finish that off.

My verdict:  9/10.  They are really tasty but next time I think I would make half the amount of filling that's required... it made a lot and was pretty sweet... I just think it's not necessary to have that much (but a child would probably disagree).

Last week I made some Turtle Twix Cookies that were also quite good.

No comments: